Scholarships Awarded Annually to The Georgia Club Employees and Local High School Seniors in our surrounding Counties
Since 2011, The Georgia Club Foundation has awarded $155,000 in scholarships to deserving young high school graduates in our community. In 2018, TGC Foundation expanded our scholarship philanthropy and began a program to recognize the hard-working employees of the Club with scholarship awards. In the past two years TGC Foundation has funded $20,000 in employee scholarships.
The Georgia Club Foundation is pleased to offer needs-based scholarships to students in our community pursuing post-secondary education and training. There are two scholarship opportunities available.
- For current Georgia Club employees. Current Georgia Club employees who are beginning or continuing their post-secondary education or training may apply. Applicants must provide information including the school they are attending or will attend in the fall, their work history, their individual income, their household income, and the percentage of their education costs for which they are individually responsible. Applicants must also submit a recommendation from their Georgia Club supervisor describing their impact on the Georgia Club members and their co-workers.
- For current high school seniors. Current high school seniors graduating from any of the schools listed below and pursuing post-secondary education or training may apply. Applicants must provide information including the school they will attend in the fall, their grades, extra-curricular activities, community service record, and household income. Applicants must also submit a recommendation from their high school counselor.
Athens-Clarke County: Cedar Shoals HS, Clarke Central HS, Classic City HS
Barrow County: Apalachee HS, Barrow County Arts & Sciences HS, Sims Academy of Innovation & Technology, Winder-Barrow HS
Oconee County: North Oconee HS, Oconee County HS
Deadlines for 2023 Applications (subject to change in the discretion of the scholarship committee)
- March 17, 2023: applications due
- March 31, 2023: award notifications
High School Student Scholarships
- April 14, 2023: applications due
- April 28, 2023: award notifications
Scholarship awards may range from $500.00 -$1,500.00 and are most commonly $1,000.00. All awards are sent directly to the recipients’ schools.
If you have any questions or need additional information, Email to Learn More